Friday, September 11, 2009

Finally, a peace treaty between the English and French

I have been eyeing saddles for my new project bike, but specifically I have heard wonderful things about the leather English made Brooks saddles. Unfortunately, these expensive leather butt holders cost anywhere form 100-200 dollars. So, I went to my trusty friend Craig and checked out his list of possibles. After a few weeks of searching, I got lucky. Yesterday I found a guy selling bikes and one had a Brooks saddle on it.

I immediately shot him and email asking for just the saddle and he had no idea how much it was worth, so I got it for 20 bucks. Now I have to recondition the old leather (looks like its seen a few years and a few raindrops), but after looking for advice online, it seems the Brooks brand prohide cream will do the trick. My only concern now is putting together a French frame and an English saddle. Will the age old feud between the English and French cause my bike to break out into bloody warfare while I am riding down Walnut street? Let us hope not.

No comments:

Post a Comment